Monday, August 17, 2009

awoken at 7:46 this morning.

DREAMS AND BONES


I can't remember what time I went to sleep, but, it was relatively early. It's the latest I have woken up in quite a few weeks. I've been waking up usually between 4:50 - 6:10. I woke up several last night though. I can't tell the difference between reality and my dreams anymore. I get the two confused several times a day. I'll recall what I did earlier, only to realize that I hadn't even been at that specific place or situation.
I've been really into Diane Arbus's photography lately, that, as well as David Lynch films. Especially his short films. They inspired me to somewhat take pictures of my own. i don't get out much due to my lack of social skills and wanting to, but I've been taking mostly self portraits and documentational pictures of my room and things I have. I'm not exactly sure why I'm taking pictures of myself, I don't really find myself that appealing or attractive-- not at the least, but for some reason, i feel like they're very conceptual and almost morbid, like, bothersome to look at. I play with the colours sometimes.
I made a TUMBLR yesterday, I've been playing around with the html to try and get a layout that I like, I suppose i like it, it could be better though.
Last week I watched Fur, for the first time, although it's mostly, imaginary, like a faerie tale almost, I found it so...... inspiring, moving, I cried. I hardly ever cry during films, It made me want to be there, doing everything they did.
I got really sidetracked. Well, anyways, I'm not very good with a camera but I try, I mostly paint and do a variety of other things, but I'll put some of the pictures that I've been doing up. I already have them as the header and footer of my blog. So, here it goes.


The first one is me, i did a multiple exposure digitally, the same was done with the second, it's made up of several pictures of the Polaroids i have on my wall taken at different angles.

No comments: