Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the thrift store missed me.


Yesterday i woke up early and I really, really wanted to go thrifting, being as I haven't in a few months. When I arrived I was so thrilled. You must understand what I go through. I wear a nine and a half to a size ten shoe, and I can never, ever, find shoes at thrift stores that are my size. well. not only did they have my size, but there were these beautiful, lace-up, black velvet, Victorian silhouetted heels that had gold interlacing on the sides. I saw them and froze, they were magnificent! And when I checked the size I was of course prepared to set these beauties down due to my shoe size, but behold! They were a size nine and a half!!!! I was thrilled!!! I found other shoes as well, some beautiful Nine West leather, gold, and a pair of creme coloured leather heels with lavender and mauve snake skin detailing. They are all quite attractive, I must say.
So, after I raided and conquered the zone of shoes, I went to where the sweaters and jackets are kept. I found this wonderful monotone,knit wool sweater with leather detailing. I loved it at once. And I've been looking for a denim jacket for the longest time and I finally found one! Vintage Levi Jeans Denim jacket for three dollars. I was ecstatic. I grabbed both the sweater and jacket and ventured to the wall covered with bags. You see, I have an eye for spotting good leather. And by good, I obviously mean superb. I once found an Hobo International, vintage, over sized tote bag and scored it for only four dollars. Well, I found a beautiful little leather purse with some light rouching on the flap and I picked it up. This was quite a victorious day, twas indeed.

No comments: